Leftover Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie Milkshake

Leftover #Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie Milkshake

This is so wrong.  But so, so right.

Hopefully you all have some leftover slices of pumpkin pie (or really…any pie!) from yesterday’s Thanksgiving Day feast, because this milkshake needs to happen.

Leftover #Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie Milkshake

I originally had this idea a few weeks ago–and could barely wait to share it with you all today.  Well, the time has finally arrived.

After all, why eat your leftover pumpkin pie like a normal person when you can drink it in milkshake form like a champ?

Leftover #Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie Milkshake

If you can’t already tell, this isn’t your average “pumpkin pie” milkshake.  It’s not made with milk, yogurt, pumpkin puree, spices, and the usual suspects.

Those are faux pumpkin pie milkshakes.  This is the real deal.  It’s made with pie.

Literal pie.

Leftover #Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie Milkshake

As in, you’re going to throw a slice of pumpkin pie (crust and all) into the blender, along with some vanilla ice cream, and a little bit of milk just to smooth things out a bit–and blend it all up together.

Try to keep a little bit of texture from the pie crust in there–that part was my favorite!

Leftover #Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie Milkshake

Feel free to take things one step farther and top it all off with whipped cream and crumbled pie crust.  And maybe even a little chunk of pie as an extra garnish.

I mean, you’ve already come all this way, why not trash it up more?  This milkshake deserves it.

Leftover #Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie Milkshake

This milkshake is exactly how it sounds.  Decadent, creamy, full of pumpkin flavor, and basically just all around awesome.  It still sort of blows my mind.

Break out the stretchy pants again guys, because you’re going to need them…

Leftover Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie Milkshake

Yield: 1 Large Milkshake

Prep Time: 5 Minutes

Total Time: 10 Minutes

• 1 large slice of leftover pumpkin pie (3 inches roughly) --reserve some of the pie crust edges
  • 2 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • whipped cream

1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until almost smooth (it is kind of nice to have a slight texture of pie dough throughout).
  2. Top with whipped cream and crumbled pie crust.  Serve immediately.

Feel free to use whatever leftover pie you have on hand--I used a delicious, caramel pumpkin pie from this cookbook!

Leftover #Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie Milkshake

P.S.  I happened to make this milkshake with leftover [caramel!] pumpkin pie, but I’m almost positive that it would be just as delicious with leftover apple pie (although the consistency might be different).

Feel free to switch them out, if you want!

39 Responses to “Leftover Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie Milkshake”

Tieghan — November 29, 2013 @ 8:23 am

AWESOME!! I have a whole pumpkin pie leftover and I will be making a lot of these today! Enjoy the weekend, Laura!

• Laura replied: — November 29th, 2013 @ 7:11 pm

Yay, yay!!! Let me know if you ended up trying them. I think I’m always going to save leftover pumpkin pie for this purpose. I sorta liked it even more than just the pie by itself, haha. Have a great weekend Tieghan! Loved your waffle sandwich this morning.

• marbrill replied: — December 2nd, 2013 @ 8:02 am

fantastic idea! But I giggled a little when you recommended low fat milk:)

• Laura replied: — December 2nd, 2013 @ 10:13 am

HA! That was a little ridiculous now that I think about it. Kind of like ordering Diet Coke at McDonalds? :) Any milk will work, of course.

• marbrill replied: — December 2nd, 2013 @ 11:11 am

I understand it – a habit that’s hard to break!:)

Meg — November 29, 2013 @ 8:51 am

Love absolutely everything about this, and I’m staring down half a leftover pumpkin pie as I type! I could get myself into real trouble with this . . . but I love it. :)

• Laura replied: — November 29th, 2013 @ 7:12 pm

I know…after I made the milkshake, I was like “this needs whipped cream….and more pie crust crumbles”. I mean, at this point, I don’t think we have a lot to lose! :) Might as well go all out. Thanks Meg!

Norma | Allspice and Nutmeg — November 29, 2013 @ 9:39 am

Oh how I wish I had some pumpkin pie just to make this. It’s probably good that I don’t. I’d be in real trouble.

• Laura replied: — November 29th, 2013 @ 7:12 pm

Haha!! That might be true. I’m positive that it could work with all sorts of pies ;)

Kelli @ The Corner Kitchen — November 29, 2013 @ 11:21 am

OMG….I’m all over this!!! We actually didn’t have any pumpkin pie yesterday (I know!), but this is totally how I’ll be using the rest of my apple pie!

• Laura replied: — November 29th, 2013 @ 7:13 pm

YAY!!! :) The pie gods will be very happy with this decision, haha.

Mom — November 29, 2013 @ 2:11 pm

This is really something! unfortunately I have no leftover pie! But I would love to give this a try! What an incredibly delicious and original idea! I am very interested in what the texture is like! Thanks, Laura!

Mom — November 29, 2013 @ 2:12 pm

How did the pie come out so orange? Is it sweet potato? No, must be pumpkin!

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — November 29, 2013 @ 3:44 pm

Genius, girl! I already have my stretchy pants on so this is happening soonest. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving :)

• Laura replied: — November 29th, 2013 @ 7:41 pm

Hehe!! :) Just tell yourself it’s for the baby! That’s a fun excuse.

Irina @ wandercrush — November 30, 2013 @ 3:34 am

LIQUID GOLD. It’s hard for me to imagine having leftover pie at all, but if I had any, this would be the first thing to make. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

• Laura replied: — December 1st, 2013 @ 11:44 am

Haha! :) Thanks so much Irina! Hope you did too!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — November 30, 2013 @ 7:19 am

I love that you put ACTUAL pumpkin pie in this baby. Way to go girl! :) pinned

• Laura replied: — December 1st, 2013 @ 11:44 am

Thanks so much Averie! Couldn’t help myself ;)

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — November 30, 2013 @ 9:17 am

Giiiiiirl, you are a genius!! LOVE.

• Laura replied: — December 1st, 2013 @ 11:55 am

Thanks so much Katrina! :) Hope you are having a great weekend!

Beth — November 30, 2013 @ 8:16 pm

Absolutely brilliant – although I’m not sure I could give up even one piece of a pumpkin pie that looks that great!

• Laura replied: — December 1st, 2013 @ 11:55 am

Shucks, thank you Beth!

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) — November 30, 2013 @ 10:12 pm

That is seriously one gorgeous shake!

• Laura replied: — December 1st, 2013 @ 11:55 am

Thanks so much Jocelyn!!

Sarah | The Sugar Hit — December 1, 2013 @ 7:43 pm

Stretchy pants, here I come! Because this is right up my alley.

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — December 2, 2013 @ 1:44 pm

I don’t know whether to be sad or excited that we have leftover pumpkin pie! So making this!!!

• Laura replied: — December 2nd, 2013 @ 7:14 pm

Excited!!! Definitely excited, haha. Thanks Lauren!

ashley - baker by nature — December 2, 2013 @ 2:43 pm

Awwwww hell yes, mama! These look amazing!!!

Zainab @ Blahnik Baker — December 3, 2013 @ 12:47 am

This is wrong and so right in all the right ways!! So creative!

• Laura replied: — December 3rd, 2013 @ 11:10 pm

Thanks so much Zainab! Couldn’t agree more with you ;)

Natalie @ Tastes Lovely — December 3, 2013 @ 9:31 pm

This sounds so good. Dessert to make more dessert!

• Laura replied: — December 3rd, 2013 @ 11:28 pm

I totally made this pie in order to make this milkshake. You know you’re a food blogger when…. :)

1. Pingback: Buffalo chicken chili for a cold day | write meg!

2. Pingback: What I’m Reading | a glass of milk

3. Pingback: Spill It #3, Banana Nut Bread, and What to Make With Your Christmas Leftovers | Eating 4 Balance

4. Pingback: Spill It #3, Banana Nut Bread, and What to Make With Your Christmas Leftovers | Eating For Balance

5. Pingback: Currently Loving | Palmer & Brown