Connor’s Ultimate BLT

Ultimate BLT Sandwich | bloggingoverthyme.com

So…apparently everyone thought I was sharing an (alcoholic) asparagus cocktail yesterday?

I’m happy to report that I am not that crazy and even though I do love asparagus a lot, and am very intrigued by this….concept, I can promise you that that will never happen around here. If that does happen, call the authorities because something is seriously wrong.

Thanks for the laughs though!

Ultimate BLT Sandwich | bloggingoverthyme.com

Instead, I’m compensating by sharing a very easy, very normal sandwich. Connor’s ultimate BLT sandwich to be exact. He used to live on BLT’s as a kid (or so he says), so I ended up making a new, upgraded version for him the other day.

Fuel for all of the studying he’s doing at the moment. I could argue that this is a nap inducing kinda sandwich, but to each their own.

ultimate-BLT-sandwich-1-2

The base is thick, toasted sourdough bread smeared with a little sriracha mayonnaise (I despise mayonnaise in practically every other form, but this I actually like!), and topped with peppery arugula, sliced tomato, bacon, a runny fried egg, and avocado.

So, really, this is not a BLT.

Ultimate BLT Sandwich | bloggingoverthyme.com

It is actually a BLTEA. Or a TABLE. Or BELTA! Pick your favorite. Either way, this sandwich is most definitely Friday food.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Connor's Ultimate BLT

Yield: 1 Large Sandwich

Sriracha Mayonnaise:

• 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon sriracha

Sandwich:

• 1 large slice of sourdough bread, toasted
  • sriracha mayonnaise (see above)
  • baby arugula
  •  1 large slice of tomato
  • 2 slices of crispy bacon
  • 1 egg, sunny-side up
  • 1 large slice of avocado
  • salt
  • pepper

1. Stir together the mayonnaise and sriracha in a small bowl.
  2. Layer the toasted bread with the sriracha mayonnaise followed by the fresh arugula, tomato, bacon, fried egg, and avocado.  Season with salt and pepper.
  3. Serve immediately.

Ultimate BLT Sandwich | bloggingoverthyme.com

If you’re a BLT fan, be sure to check out this grown-up grilled cheese version!

37 Responses to “Connor’s Ultimate BLT”

Abigail Hoppen — March 28, 2014 @ 7:10 am

This look amazing!

you had me as soon as i eyed those thick slabs of bacon!

Love your blog!

• Laura replied: — March 29th, 2014 @ 10:53 am

Thanks Abigail! Bacon is pretty fun to photograph :)

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — March 28, 2014 @ 8:56 am

I’m all over this sammie! It’s definitely ultimate and I like it.

pippa@popovertopippas — March 28, 2014 @ 8:59 am

That is so funny that people thought you were making an asparagus cocktail. Mom is going to be shocked that you put this on your blog!

Tieghan — March 28, 2014 @ 8:59 am

I mean, really is there any other way to do a BLT? In my opinion the avocado + runny egg is always a must! Why make one without? It’s too good this way!! :)

No but really, I love this sandwich. Amazing all around!

Kelli @ The Corner Kitchen — March 28, 2014 @ 9:04 am

Avocado is always a must on my BLT’s! This is one killer sammie!

• Laura replied: — March 29th, 2014 @ 10:51 am

Thanks Kelli! :)

Liz@Virtually Homemade — March 28, 2014 @ 9:56 am

Love arugula, sriracha bacon and avocado so this is my sandwich! Beautiful twist on a classic :)

• Laura replied: — March 29th, 2014 @ 10:51 am

So glad you like it! Thanks Liz!

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — March 28, 2014 @ 10:28 am

Oh my goodness!! This sammie is off the charts!!

Lindsay — March 28, 2014 @ 10:32 am

The way that avocado and egg fit together is like they were meant to be. Perfection!

• Laura replied: — March 29th, 2014 @ 10:54 am

Thanks so much Lindsay!

Norma | Allspice and Nutmeg — March 28, 2014 @ 11:22 am

This is my kinda sandwich. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps — March 28, 2014 @ 11:28 am

Eek I’m dying over the cuteness of the egg in the avocado! I would totally still consider this a BLT, just a fancified BETTER BLT — just the way I like ‘em.

• Laura replied: — March 29th, 2014 @ 10:52 am

I got that idea from some avocado ad I saw the other day–talk about random sources of inspiration! ;)

Christine @ Cooking with Cakes — March 28, 2014 @ 3:28 pm

first, you always have the BEST prep pics, so I just wanted to point that out. second, I die for the way that avocado lays over the egg and is just an explosion of color and texture – this looks amazing.

• Laura replied: — March 29th, 2014 @ 10:52 am

You are so sweet! Thank you, thank you!!! :)

Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe — March 28, 2014 @ 4:30 pm

So much deliciousness on one sandwich! Love it!

Angela Duea — March 28, 2014 @ 4:36 pm

Oh, this looks heavenly! I need one of these right now.

Coty and Mariah@quirksandtwists — March 29, 2014 @ 5:32 pm

I can guarantee I will crave this until I make it. Looks delicious!

ashley - baker by nature — March 29, 2014 @ 7:29 pm

This is LOVELY! I just made BLTS last week – so friggin good!!!

sara — March 29, 2014 @ 8:44 pm

WOW, this looks SO good!! :)

Dosirakbento — March 30, 2014 @ 4:09 am

Oh, am getting hungry just looking at this!

• Laura replied: — March 31st, 2014 @ 1:14 am

Thanks! :)

Joanne — March 30, 2014 @ 9:45 am

The first time i heard of an asparagus mimosa, I totally thought that also!! Thankfully, that is NOT the case…but I do wonder how those two very different things ended up with the same name.

You just can’t go wrong with this kind of classic sandwich!

simply h squared — March 30, 2014 @ 3:44 pm

First of all, my mouth is literally watering after seeing this post!

Second, I nominated you for the Liebster Award because I love your blog – check out my latest blog post to see what it’s all about, and pass it along to your favorites :)

Kaja — March 30, 2014 @ 4:51 pm
    Amy — March 30, 2014 @ 9:29 pm

I mean, a cocktail would go well with asparagus mimosa for a brunch party perhaps? Maybe a Bellini?
    This sandwich is definitely Sunday morning food for my one and only. The sriracha mayo will definitely catch his attention :)

Mom — April 1, 2014 @ 12:15 pm

Wow! I may even have to try this as your dad now claims that he is tired of “breakfast foods”! I don’t know about the mayonnaise though! It looks beautiful! Hope to make my first BELTA sandwich soon!

Kelli @ The Corner Kitchen — April 3, 2014 @ 10:34 pm

P.S. I’m ridiculously slow…..thanks for the link love!! xoxo

Angi — July 1, 2014 @ 12:17 am

You can also fry the egg in the avocado, like a toad in a hole with bread. That’s great on its own and would be killer on this!! Great sammy idea!

1. Pingback: Currently Crushing On. | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: well, hello monday… |

3. Pingback: Gigantic MEH | Wicked Healthy Washingtonian

4. Pingback: a new take on a BLT sandwich |

5. Pingback: 19 All-Time Best Sandwiches

6. Pingback: Pan Seared Chicken with Succotash and Micro Greens | Gastronomic Garden