The Sunday Thymes

DIY Homemade Brown Sugar | bloggingoverthyme.com

15 Responses to “The Sunday Thymes”

Jean Claire — August 17, 2014 @ 10:07 am

Hmm this looks so interesting to make at home also.. I gotta try this and surprise My mama for a home made brown sugar.. excited! :)

Joyti — August 17, 2014 @ 12:58 pm

These posts are awesome. Love the tiny cities, the Riverdance wedding, the cauliflower soup (I was planning to make some this week),pretty ice cream sandwiches…so good :)

Julia — August 17, 2014 @ 1:23 pm

Thanks girl! xox

• Laura replied: — August 17th, 2014 @ 1:41 pm

Of course!!! I’m still thinking of that dish!!

Sues — August 17, 2014 @ 3:10 pm

That brown sugar is beautiful!!

• Laura replied: — August 17th, 2014 @ 4:31 pm

Thanks Sues! :)

Medha @ Whisk & Shout — August 17, 2014 @ 5:15 pm

I literally JUST came back from the grocery store with a bottle of molasses… definitely going to make some of my own brown sugar soon! And I thought “sexy” when I saw those wraps for the first time too, haha!

• Laura replied: — August 17th, 2014 @ 11:17 pm

I love how you thought they were sexy too!! :) Definitely make brown sugar–it is amazing, and honestly, I don’t think homemade hardens nearly as quickly. I will literally never buy store-bought again, just a bottle of molasses every few months!

Todd Wagner — August 18, 2014 @ 1:24 am

Now I want to make my own brown sugar, and then write a song about it. If it happens, I’m dedicating it to you!

• Laura replied: — August 19th, 2014 @ 9:23 pm

Oh my gosh! I NEED to hear that song when you do. Please share! :) Also, definitely make the brown sugar–life changing.

Bri | Bites of Bri — August 18, 2014 @ 7:53 am

I love that trick for brown sugar! And that photography of the cities. Beautiful. That Donna Hay soup? I’m getting ready for soup season :)

• Laura replied: — August 19th, 2014 @ 9:23 pm

Me too! Soup season is my absolute favorite time of year–granted, the time of year has never stopped me. Isn’t that photography post amazing?!

pippa@popovertopippas — August 18, 2014 @ 9:44 am

I want to try that soup!

MB @ Bourbon and Brown Sugar — August 19, 2014 @ 6:50 am

Thanks for the brown sugar tip – seems like something I should know :) But my favorite link by far was the Riverdance wedding. How fun!

• Laura replied: — August 19th, 2014 @ 7:55 am

Haha!! Too funny. Isn’t that Riverdance video amazing, I must have watched it 10+ times.